Search for content in message boards

Dafoes in St Lawrence Co, Canton, NY

Replies: 6

Re: Dafoes in St Lawrence Co, Canton, NY

Posted: 15 Dec 2012 2:48PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dafoe, DeFoe, De Veau, etc. Clement, Waelde, McMullen, Greenleaf and Parker
I have ten booklets on the Dafoe Family that were compiled by Edward H. Dafoe of Montreal ca. 1930. All but one of the booklets are copies made from the old blueprint process.

I am interested to know if the early history of the families and the spelling variations have been researched further or revised. These booklets were distributed to all contributors and their families.

The following is a my summary of their content:
1. United Empire Loyalist settlement claims, Flemish immigrants, Military affiliation, Settlement details. Pages 20 HS
2. New York and early Dafoe history. Pages: 18 HS
3. John Dafoe and Adeline Parker Genealogy. Pages: 12 HS.
4. The Clement Genealogy. Pages: 20 HS
5. Letters of Dr. W. A. Dafoe on family history. Pages 13
6. Erastus Dafoe claim of German ancestry and additional details on that line. Pages: 5
7. Conrad Dafoe Descendants submitted by Albert Dafoe. Pages: 6
8. New York - Early history and the Du Four/De Veaux connection. Pages: 3.
9. Dafoe of Nebraska, Charts for various branches. Pages: 9.
10. Family history for Dafoe, Waelde, Mc Mullen, and Greenleaf with charts. There appears to be one or more pages missing. Pages: 18

Note: HS refers to “half-sheets.” Some booklet pages are full sheets and others were written to be bound. The Booklets are 8.5 x 5.5 inches or one full sheet folded in half. There are 124 pages some of which are full page letters.

I would be interested in hearing from researchers who have looked at the U.S. origins of this line.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
jdafoe2 24 Sep 2012 3:27PM GMT 
DonUggla 15 Dec 2012 9:48PM GMT 
dafoe247 15 Dec 2012 10:05PM GMT 
DonUggla 16 Dec 2012 4:55PM GMT 
dafoe247 16 Dec 2012 8:12PM GMT 
DonUggla 16 Dec 2012 11:12PM GMT 
dafoe247 17 Dec 2012 1:17AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions