Search for content in message boards

The Daigles of Madawaska

Replies: 1

The Daigles of Madawaska

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 3:49PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Surnames: Daigle
I am a descendant of Olivier Daigle1643-1686,my first known Acadian ancestor from Poitou, France to arrive in Nova Scotia. His sons were major players in the foundation of Madawaska and lived in the times of the well known 1775 expulsion by the English ( which separated families )to unknown places for their refusal to sign a treaty to fight against their own people
(the French) should the situation arise. This is a simplification of all that occurred and the book that gave me a wealth of information about my family, did not overly dwell on these times ,but rather gave a rich history of the begginings of the Madawaskan Territory. My ancestors, and perhaps yours are listed and given praise for starting and developing this new area,which is located in both the Province of New Brunswick and the State of Maine. It was a wonderful genealogical reference book for me and was recommended by the Madawaskan Historical Society. The book is an English translation of L'Histoire du Madawaska, by Father Thomas Albert. There is now a second edition.I am not suggesting that anyone buy this book , but merely wanted to share with you how helpful (lucky)and interesting it was for me to find a source that helped me along in learning more about my relatives from so long ago.,how they lived and how they contributed .I already knew my line of Daigle ancestry well and I invite you to share my tree and my Daigles from Olivier, Bernard, joseph, Joseph Simon, ,JeanBaptiste, Jean Baptiste Jr.,Michel, and finally my great grand father Thomas, my grandather, Levi Joseph, and my father Robert Joseph Daigle. It is in my Brandle Best Best tree (weird name , but I think it has the most on the Daigles. if i find out they are under a different tree, I will make another post. Hope this might be of help to someone. Nancy Daigle Brandle Feel free to e-mail me at
nbrandle@comcast.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
NBrandle65 21 Aug 2012 9:49PM GMT 
Melissa Daigl... 28 Aug 2014 2:58AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic