Search for content in message boards

Frances Dolph (Guynup) Dake, Charles Augustus Guynup & Robert Porter Dake of Wisconsin

Replies: 2

Re: Frances Dolph (Guynup) Dake, Charles Augustus Guynup & Robert Porter Dake of Wisconsin

Posted: 10 Dec 2012 1:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have information on Robert Porter Dake and that he married Francis Dolph in 1876. I have nothing on a daughter Grace however he they had two daughters and one son. Here is what I have recorded in my on line book at www.dakehome.com

ABAAAB. Robert (Porter) Dake
Robert (Porter) was the son of Joshua F. Dake and Marbry E. Clark born on May 20, 1840 at Knoxville, Tioga Co., Penn. He moved with his family when he was about 14 to first Fondulac, then Fremeont and then to what is now Rural, Waupaca Co., Wisconsin. He lived in the Rural area all his life with the exception of his time in the service and about four years in Colby, WI. In the 1860 census he was listed as a 20-year-old farmer living in Dayton, Waupaca Co., WI. He married Harriet Shell on Feb. 11, 1861 at Waupaca, WI, just before he enlisted for the Civil War. He enlisted in the Civil War in the Army at Dayton on Aug. 6, 1861 as a private in Company A, 8th Reg., Wisconsin Vol. and was mustered out of his first term on Sept.16, 1864. He enlisted again at Dayton as a Sargent on Jan.24, 1865 in Company D., 47th Wisconsin Infantry and was finally mustered out as a Sgt. on Sept. 4. 1865. On Oct. 2, 1865 he bought 20 acres for $100 from his mother Marbary. Not sure what happened to Harriet Shell but she may have gone by the name Hattie.. A Hattie E. Redfield of Omaha, NE filed a pensoin claim for her late husband Charles E. Redfield in 1896. She claimed that she had married Robert P. Dake some time about 1861 but only lived with him two to three weeks before she deserted him. She found out six years later that he had remarried but never got a divorce from her. On March 1, 1872 he sold 20 acres to his brother Joshua F. Dake, Jr. In 1874-75 he married a second time on Dec. 2, 1876 to Francis M. Dolph in Colby, Clarke Co., WI. (She was born May 27, 1854 in N.Y. and came to Wisconsin from Lawrence, NY with her parents as a young girl. She died in 1918-19). After the war he lived in the log house built by his father for a while and later in a home on Long Lake. He died on Feb. 10, 1916 at Dayton, Waupaca Co., WI. Much of the information on this line of the Dake family was provided by James K. Dake of Wisconsin.

I would be interested in more information about this previous marriage if you find something.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
sslesinski1 9 Dec 2012 8:25PM GMT 
mldake 10 Dec 2012 8:39PM GMT 
sslesinski1 17 Dec 2012 7:00PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic