Search for content in message boards

Dalrymple family of Mass.

Replies: 7

Re: Dalrymple family of Mass.

Posted: 26 Dec 2011 6:58PM GMT
Classification: Query
Am interested in your Dalrymple family. Am wondering if they may in some way be related to mine. I do not have my Dalrymple file on hand at the moment, but here is what I know from memory:

My great grandmother was Nancy "Annie" Allen Dalrymple. She married Daniel B. Hallman. Nancy's parents were John C. and Nancy MacKenzie. They were both from Nine Mile, Hants County, Nova Scotia, Canada. Nancy had several sibs. One of her sisters was Malinda. One of her brothers was Caleb. It is my understanding that Caleb went on out to California, but that is not fact. Nancy had another sister who was married and had gone out to California, in the late 1920's and 1930's.

My great grandmother, Nancy "Annie" Allen Dalrymple, married Daniel B. Hallman. They lived in Chelsea, MA before Daniel died in the early 1900's. Nancy was left to raise her children alone. Her two sons, she sent to The Boston Trade School, on Thompson Island, out in the Boston Harbor. Agnes, her youngest daughter, also my grandmother, stayed in Chelsea and later married my grandfather, Herbert Tilley. Catherine married Arthur Frances Brosseau. Does anyone happen to have this family in their records?

Would love to learn what happened to Nancy's family after Agnes died in 1931.

Sincerest Thanks,
Linda
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Swansal 12 Sep 2011 12:49AM GMT 
theoasis_1 27 Dec 2011 1:58AM GMT 
Swansal 10 Dec 2013 7:05PM GMT 
marinrice74 10 Dec 2013 6:16PM GMT 
Swansal 10 Dec 2013 7:07PM GMT 
marinrice74 10 Dec 2013 8:13PM GMT 
Swansal 10 Dec 2013 8:27PM GMT 
Stephen Dalry... 17 Oct 2014 3:28AM GMT 
per page