Search for content in message boards

Tracing My Link to the Dameron's Through Charles Dameron

Replies: 0

Tracing My Link to the Dameron's Through Charles Dameron

Posted: 29 Sep 2012 11:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 29 Sep 2012 11:24PM GMT
Surnames: Dameron, Douglas, Lusby, Armistead, Hennings, Raitz
My link to the Dameron’s is on my paternal side through my father. First I'll start with what I know, and then include what I think I know.

My grandfather is Clarence Wesley Lusby and he married Elizabeth Armistead Hennings in Washington DC. Their children were Gary Wesley, Alan Franklin (my father), and Carol Irene.

My great grandfather is Benjamin Franklin Lusby and he married Edith Irene Raitz in Alexandria, Virginia. Their children were Clarence Wesley (my grandfather), Francis Margaret, Marian Irene, Margaret Elaine, and Edyth Mae.

So now I come to my link to the Dameron line.

My great great grandfather is Thomas Washington Lusby and he was married to Francis Jane Dameron (my great great grandmother). There were married 05/25/1870 in Richmond County, Virginia. In total, they had 11 children: Charles Edward, Lucy Margaret, Fanny May, Thomas Kirk, Frederick Claybrook, Harry Calhoun, William George, Theodore Washington, Benjamin Franklin (my great grandfather), Walter Blair, and Asa Allen.

I have Francis Jane Dameron being born on 08/04/1849 in Northumberland County, Virginia and dying about February 1927 in Alexandria, Virginia.

I have her parents listed as Charles Dameron and Lucy S. Douglas. In my records, I have Charles Dameron being born about 1811 in Virginia, but can’t anything on his death. I have him marrying Lucy S. Douglas on 10/01/1833 in Northumberland County, Virginia. I don’t have any birth information on Lucy Douglas, but I have her dying 07/22/1865 in Richmond County, Virginia. I don’t have anything on his parents whatsoever.

In my records I have their children listed as Hannah A (born 1842), Moranda A. (born 1845), Francis Jane (1849-1927) (my great great grandmother), Caroline Y. (born 1852), and Malchendie (born 1853).

For documentation so far, I have the marriage record of Charles Dameron and Lucy Douglas (Virginia Marriages, 1740-1850).

The 1860 US Federal Census puts him in Richmond County, Virginia.

The 1870 US Federal Census puts him in Farnham, Richmond County, Virginia.

The 1880 US Federal Census puts him in Heathsville, Northumberland County, Virginia.

So here is where I'm at a dead end. If anyone has information that can confirm what I currently have, and additional information that could help me move further, it would be greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions