Juanita Danley -- b. abt 1918 TX

Replies: 2

Re: Juanita Danley

Bob Danley (View posts)
Posted: 3 Aug 2006 8:12AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 30 Oct 2010 7:18AM GMT
Surnames: Danley
I'm not sure from the information given. Juanita Danley who is in the household of stepfather William H. Kromeich in Galena, KS in 1930 census was born in Kansas according to the census. I am inclined to believe that is correct place of birth for her because she is listed in same householdI in the 1920 census (stepfather's name was spelled Carmack and she was entered as Wanetta S.) and her birthplace is also listed as Kansas. Her age is 2-1/12 in 1920 which would indicate that she was born about Nov or possibly early Dec 1917. Siblings in the household were Earl L., age 10; Murel A., age 8; and Mildred, age 5. Murel A. is possibly Albert and Mildred might have gone by Elsie.

Her older brother Earl was in Hezekiah and Elva T. Danley household in 1910 census for Richwood Township, McDonald County, Missouri. If the information I have found is correct, they have 13 half-siblings from Hezekiah’s two previous marriages. The proximity of McDonald County, MO and Cherokee County, KS would also indicate that the census records are probably correct. I am second cousin once removed of Wanetta S./Juanita who was daughter of Hezekiah and Elva but don’t know much more about her than what I have here.

There is also a Juanita Danley, age 7 in the household of Kit D. and Addie Danley in 1930 census for Young County, Texas. Texas Birth Index has Juanita Danley born 31 Dec 1922; Birth County: Young; Certificate Number: 76401 Roll Number:, 1922_0004. She would be a better match for place of birth but none of her siblings given names match the ones in your query. Texas Birth Index also has A C Jr. Gain; Date of Birth: 13 Mar 1949; Gender: Male; Birth County: Orange; Father's Name: Albert Cecil Gain; Mother's Name: Juanita Jewell Danley; Roll Number: 1949_0005. This is probably the same person.

Bob Danley
Bella Vista, AR

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
supernonie5 6 Jun 2006 8:27PM GMT 
Bob Danley 3 Aug 2006 2:12PM GMT 
mssnow55 29 Jan 2012 2:47AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions