Search for content in message boards

DARBY -- LUTON / DUNSTABLE U.K.

Replies: 7

Re: DARBY -- LUTON / DUNSTABLE U.K.

Posted: 9 Jun 2012 7:36AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Darby Walduck
Good afternoon Sue. WOW - sorry for not replying. I have no idea how I could have missed this, sorry. I have been pondering the same dilemma as you. My George Darby was baptised in 1813 and parents are John and Mary, I however can find nothing relating to a John and Mary in any documents prior to this. as you say Frances Walduck's mother was Mary and I have been thinking the same thing for a few years now, "she used her middle name and the parson wrote that name in the register" John was a landowner , be it a smal property. My George went to the Chew Foundation school for poor boys in Dunstable and was apprenticed out to George Carrington. On the endenture documents George's father John Darby as noted as an Yeoman. To be regarded as a Yeoman in those days You had to have some standing and I think the John Darby who is married to Frances walduck is the same John Darby the Yeoman , father to George Darby the apprentice tailor

George and Eliza Shaw where married in St Albans and there is another Male Darby who is a Witness "Joseph Darby" I wondered why they went to St Albanss to get married when they where living in Luton ? And I feel that Joseph Darby is George Darbys Brother.
Does any of this tie into your Darby tree. ulie01@ntlworls.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
ulrich schubert 4 Feb 2003 6:18PM GMT 
Sue 16 Oct 2005 12:06PM GMT 
ulrichschuber... 24 Jan 2010 7:39PM GMT 
stuart779 23 Jun 2010 11:06AM GMT 
ulrichschuber... 23 Jun 2010 7:55PM GMT 
stuart779 26 Aug 2010 10:46AM GMT 
ulrichschuber... 23 Jun 2010 7:58PM GMT 
ulrichschuber... 9 Jun 2012 1:36PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions