Search for content in message boards

Thomas Darcy/Dorsey 1860s

Replies: 1

Posted: 2 Aug 2012 6:27PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Darcy, Dorsey

Looking for info on my ggf, Thomas Darcy who was born in Ireland abt 1820 (in 1870 U.S. Census) or abt. 1833 (on Headstone). His 1868 U.S. Citizenship papers state his name as Thomas Darcy, and his name on the 1870 U.S. Census is stated as Thomas Dorsey (new spelling/name). He died in 1871 (on Headstone). He definitely lived in both Cortlandtown and Ossining, New York; and may have also lived in Croton, and #46 4th Avenue NYC. Wife named Bridget Leonard (1836-1909), also born in Ireland. Their children’s names are John, Ellen, Delia, Martin, Thomas, Jeremiah (my gf), and James. If they followed the Irish Naming Pattern, Thomas’s father may have been named John Darcy in Ireland. I am trying to make the famous “leap across the pond” so I have no county information. Some of you may know how difficult that can be. I don’t think I can go back any further, so I am going to try to go “sideways” via brothers/cousins etc. or move “forward” from some lineage further back, if possible. Any info would be appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
robertdorsey1... 3 Aug 2012 12:27AM GMT 
royjulie816 5 Aug 2012 12:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions