(1) I've created web page of the Dassow family tree that others and I have put together.
This is simple tree with little additional information; it is by no means inclusive.http://homestead.juno.com/dan_dassow/files/Dassow_Family_Tre...
(2) There is both a Dassow, Germany
(53° 55' 0N, 10° 58' 60E) http://uk2.multimap.com/map/browse.cgi?client=M4lon=10.9814l...
and a Dassow, Poland
(54° 4' 60N, 15° 52' 60E) http://www.calle.com/info.cgi?lat=54.0833long=15.8833name=Da...
(3) The name for Dassow, Germany is of Polish origin.
The original name was "Dartzowe" which is Polish for thorn bush.
Over the years the name changed to "Dartzow", "Darsowe", "Dassaw" and finally "Dassow".
The city is probably named after the thorn bushes growing on rocky ground near the city.
The city crest for Dassow, Germany is a castle gate with a thorn bush growing in it.
The City of Dassow, Germany was founded in the year 968.
If you can read German, seehttp://members.aol.com/Uschebti64/Dassow.htm
(4) The Dassower Sea is close to Dassow, Germany.
(5) The greatest concentration of people with the last name of Dassow is in Medford, Wisconsin.
Trinity Lutheran Church is located at W5334 DASSOW AVENUE, MEDFORD WI 54451.
(5) There was a Dassow School in Central Illinois.
(6) There is a Dassow Court in Alpharetta, Georgia.