Search for content in message boards

Daughertys from Apollo, PA

Replies: 15

Re: Daughertys from Apollo, PA

Posted: 9 Feb 2011 6:18AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jan 2013 6:08AM GMT
Good Morning, I don't mean to ask a dumb question but where abouts is McVille,PA located because I had never heard of it an I live in Greensburg,Westmoreland County,PA and I would love to go up to the Cemetery and see all the Daugherty and Daughtery an Dougherty Graves because me an a cousin always thought that John Daugherty may have had a brother James an William just from the Family Lore we had been told. If you can give me an idea where abouts McVille,PA is As soon as the weather gets alittle bit nicer I would love to go up there and take pics of all the gravestones pertaining to the Daughertys,Daughterys,Doughertys because see I was told in our line they used all three spellings or if you know anyone that has pictures of their gravestones I would love to have them emailed to me . John Daugherty born August 13,1804 in Weavers Old Stand in Westmoreland County part of Hempfield Township an Weavers Old Stand is named after the Weaver Family an John died in Sept 21,1889 an him an Catherine Leasure are buried in Buelah United Presbyterian Church Cemetery on Pleasant Valley Road in Penn Township, Westmoreland County,PA. I believe John Daughertys Farm was about one to two miles down the road from the Cemetery on Pleasant Valley Road heading towards Murrysville,PA was located on the right hand side of Pleasant Valley Road by looking at the map at that time period it looks like John Daughertys Farm was right across the Road called Lyons Run Road.Any help I would truly appreciate it. I would love to see the graves an see where McVille,PA is located an get my bearings from what I know of all my ancestors on where they resided. Your Friend Always, Hughie Fawcett Greensburg,PA lkyspgot57@aol.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bvl54 8 Feb 2011 8:43PM GMT 
lkyspgot57 9 Feb 2011 1:18PM GMT 
lkyspgot57 19 Aug 2007 9:38PM GMT 
lkyspgot57 26 Jan 2011 1:55PM GMT 
marji d 17 Aug 2001 11:10AM GMT 
irma daugherty 5 Dec 2001 10:52PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions