Search for content in message boards

Daugherty in w Pa

Replies: 5

Re: Daugherty in w Pa

Posted: 4 Sep 2012 4:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 12 Jan 2013 5:54AM GMT
Surnames: Daugherty, Dougherty, Daughtery, Leasure, McWilliams, Dible, Fawcett
Hi Robert, My Name is Hughie Fawcett from Greensburg,PA in Westmoreland County,PA and My GGG Grandparents were John Daugherty born August 13, 1804 in Weavers Old Stand in Armburst Area Westmoreland County,PA which in the early years it was known as Greensburg,Westmoreland County,PA . I was told that his parents came from Ireland but I am stuck on who his parents were? I often wondered if he was tied to the Michael Mor Line is there any chance I could get a copy of the Daugherty Family Tree pertaing to John see we always heard his father was William and mother was Sarah but it was family lore no actually genealogy to prove it and we are trying to find out who his parents and siblings were and where did they come from in Ireland and what ship did they come over on when immigrating from Ireland and where from in Ireland ?? John than married Catharine Leasure in 1830 and she was born June 1812 in Greensburg,Westmoreland County,PA and where were they married and they were farmers and she passed away first she died in July 1874 in Penn Township,Westmoreland County,PA see before Feb 1852-1853 Penn Township was than known as Franklin Township,Westmoreland County,PA it bordered Allegheny County,PA and see John went to live with William Daugherty who was an undertaker in Pitcairn,Allegheny County,PA but I had one relative tell me that John passed away at his daughters home which nearby where John and Catherine lived his Younger daughter was Heneritta who was married to Franklin Dible in Penn Township,Westmoreland County,PA . John and Catharine were buried in The Buelah Reformed Presbyterian Church Cemetery on Pleasant Valley Rd in Penn Township . They had ten to 11 children and William Leasure Daugherty born 1831 was their oldest son born in Millgrove,Westmoreland County,PA which is not far from Armburst,PA area he married Mary Margaret McWilliams born in 1838 she died in 1916 and he died in 1917 and they were both buried in The Irwin Union Cemetery in Irwin,Westmoreland County,PA see William Leasure Daugherty was in the PA 6Th Hvy Artillery The PA 212th Regiment. William and Mary Margaret was my GG Grandparents. Robert would you be so kind to send me the Michael Mor Daugherty info that you may have pertaining to John and William and James and Nancy and help me make the connection to Ireland with John and William it would be so greatly appreciated it. Could you give me any suggestions for a Researcher on the Daugherty Line from PA to Ireland so I can make the connection of Johns parents and family . Thank You so much it would be a great help to connect from PA to Ireland with John and William and James and Nancy Daugherty. Yours Truly, Hughie Fawcett My email is lkyspgot57@ancestry.com and also my primary email address is lkyspgot57@aol.com
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
1_gracei 3 Sep 2012 3:30PM GMT 
rjscottusf 3 Sep 2012 8:56PM GMT 
lkyspgot57 4 Sep 2012 10:52AM GMT 
jerrydonelle1... 5 Sep 2012 3:17PM GMT 
1_gracei 12 Sep 2012 5:20PM GMT 
rjscottusf 4 Sep 2012 12:17PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic