Search for content in message boards

Daugherty/Hunter family

Replies: 0

Daugherty/Hunter family

Posted: 11 Jan 2013 2:26PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Daugherty, Hunter, Free, Kirby, Hawk
I am seeking living descendants of the following Thomas Daugherty family to share stories, photos etc. Does anybody out there have a connection?

Descendants of Thomas Daugherty

Generation 1

1. THOMAS DAUGHERTY was born in Apr 1866. He died after 1940(1944) in Weedville, Elk Co., PA(or Beaver Falls, Beeaver Co. PA). He married ALLICE MAY FREE in 1892, daughter of Adam Clarke Free and Emily Rebecca Kirby. She was born in Jul 1864 in Middletown, Dauphin Co., PA. She died after 1940(1943) in Midland, Beaver Co. PA.

Notes for Thomas Daugherty:

His name spelled Daugherty as in the 1900 census for Elk Co, Benezette Twp, Ed 29. .

Notes for Alice May Free:

My mother(Jeannette Hawk) said she and my dad and his mother, Eugenie Hawk, spent a week there in the summer before they were married(1934)

We visited Uncle Tom and Aunt May in Weedville when I was about 5 yrs old. I remember we stayed across the road from their house at the home of a doctor. Uncle Tom had a large homemade musical instrument which was like a dulcimer, made of a hollowed out log, with a sound hole and strings. Dad had a large black car, I don't know if it was an Olds or a Buick. I know he had a 1936 Olds, but he bought a 1938 Buick around that time. (1940-41)

Thomas Daugherty and Alice May Free had the following children:

2. i. HELEN K. DAUGHERTY was born in Nov 1894. She married LESLIE L HUNTER in 1921. He was born in 1883 in Pennsylvania.

ii. HOWARD F. DAUGHERTY was born in Jun 1897.

iii. THOMAS G. DAUGHERTY was born in Jul 1898.

Notes for Thomas G. Daugherty:

Lived near Chicago Il. Was killed by a wheel rim when a tire he was inflating exploded.

Generation 2

2. HELEN K. DAUGHERTY (Thomas) was born in Nov 1894. She married LESLIE L HUNTER in 1921. He was born in 1883 in Pennsylvania.

Notes for Helen K. Daugherty:

Helen married a doctor and lived near the PA-OH-WV border. They had two sons. One of her sons was in the Army Motorcycle Corps and was killed in a training accident
Jeannette and William Hawk stayed with Helen on their way to Chicago on their honeymoon in 1934.

Leslie L Hunter and Helen K. Daugherty had the following children:

i. WAYNE L HUNTER was born in 1924. d. 2001 in Fl.

ii. KIRBY L HUNTER was born in 1924. He died on 24 Jun 1943 in Texas. Buried in Beaver Co. PA

Find a board about a specific topic