Search for content in message boards

Davenport/Burnley

Replies: 5

Re: Davenport/Burnley

Posted: 22 Jan 2009 12:16PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Mr. Davenport, I was wondering if I could get the info o the DNA testing ? My grandmother is a Davenport. I have several cousins that come from an unbroken line of Davenport from Charles. We desend from a mulatto Davenport named Charles Davenport. He was half black half white, John Davenport was his father. He was owned by John Davenport that married Nnacy Davis. His wife Chaney Davenport was a slave of William Davis , Nancy Davenport dad. When William died he gave Chaney, her sister, and her mother to John Davenport spouse of Nancy Davenport (Davis). I have church records from when Charles, Chaney, John, and Nnacy joined Mountain Creek Baptist church in Harris county GA. I know also that John Davenport is related to Thomas Jefferson and Sally Hemmings. Charles and Chaney were the only two slaves aloud to join the Church. John Davenport showed favortism to Charles and Chaney because he was his wife. He also named them first on the will to be given to Nancy. I would be glad for my cousins to take the test to answer your question.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mark Davenpor... 28 Jun 2008 2:34PM GMT 
lilbunnyboy 22 Jan 2009 7:16PM GMT 
Mark Davenpor... 22 Jan 2009 7:54PM GMT 
lilbunnyboy 22 Jan 2009 11:26PM GMT 
lblynn 16 Aug 2009 4:36AM GMT 
lblynn 12 Dec 2012 9:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions