Search for content in message boards

Davenport/Burnley

Replies: 5

Davenport/Burnley

Posted: 28 Jun 2008 8:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davenport Burnley Barksdale
The decendents of John Davenport, son of Martin of Hanover Cnty VA are desperately seeking decendents of Jack Smith Davenport and Lucy Barksdale (later Burnley) to help solve a family mystery.

Jack Smith Davenport was born around 1745 in Hanover Cnty VA. He married Lucy Barksdale in 1772 and died in April, 1781, shortly after being wounded at the Battle of Guilford Courthouse in NC. We believe that Lucy and Jack had several children, 3 of them boys: Jack Smith (John) Jr, William, and Richard. Lucy remarried; his name was Henry Burnley. This was sometime in 1782. We believe that the whole family moved to Hancock Cnty, GA shortly thereafter.

So, we are looking for decendents of Davenports, or perhaps Burnleys from Hancock Cnty GA in the late 1700s or early 1800s. My understanding is that the Davenport DNA project does have some scholarship money to help with the cost of DNA testing for qualified decendents, but don't hold me to it.

You can contact the Davenport DNA project directly or reply to in this thread and I will try to connect you.

Mark Davenport
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Mark Davenpor... 28 Jun 2008 2:34PM GMT 
lilbunnyboy 22 Jan 2009 7:16PM GMT 
Mark Davenpor... 22 Jan 2009 7:54PM GMT 
lilbunnyboy 22 Jan 2009 11:26PM GMT 
lblynn 16 Aug 2009 4:36AM GMT 
lblynn 12 Dec 2012 9:27PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions