Search for content in message boards

Pamunkey Davenport Descendants of Richard Davenport, b. (c) 1714

Replies: 0

Pamunkey Davenport Descendants of Richard Davenport, b. (c) 1714

Posted: 19 Apr 2014 1:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
Dear all:

In the years before his death, the late John Scott Davenport and I undertook the massive project of dis-entangling Richard Davenport b. (c) 1706-17144's line from the Pamunkey family tree. We undertook this project because DNA analysis had proven what Doc long suspected: Richard b. (c) 1706-174 was not a descendant of Davis Davenport. In fact. Doc had always been uncomfortable with this identification and was not at all surprised when DNA bore out his hunch.

Together, we sorted the pertinent records from Doc's research and had completed that task when Doc passed--but not before Doc told me he was pushing me out of the genealogical nest and told me to serve as the chief genealogist for the New Kent/Hanover Davenports.

I continued to research this family line after Doc's death and am now happy to say that the study is now online, at no charge. Those of you who descend from Richard will be particularly interested in the family story.

You may view it here: http://randidavenport.com/my-works/the-new-kenthanover-daven...

Enjoy!

Best,

Randi Davenport, PhD

Find a board about a specific topic