Search for content in message boards

John Davenport (Deavenport) Clayton co GA

Replies: 17

Re: John Davenport (Deavenport) Clayton co GA

pam (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jul 2004 6:44PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Davenport/Brown/Waldrop/Bird
Oh, yes I have Sarah Brown's family on her mother's side. Her dad's side is stuck with him but I will be happy to share what I have. He is Rowland Brown b 1798 SC>married Mary "Dicey" Waldrop in Putnam Co. GA in 1815. Settled in Henry Co. GA (which turned into Clayton Co) then moved up to Haralson County GA where he lived and died in 1866. Dicey was the daughter of James Waldrop and Mary Morris(on). James was a REV war soldier. I have an email address of a woman who worked at the Courthouse for years and was the first female judge of the Clayton Co. She and her brother are both from Rowland's line and both research him. There is even a family reunion in June for his descendants. We're all stuck with Rowland. One guy went to Haralson County to find his grave, supposedly on the farm but found only the two sons' graves. Rowland and Dicey are on the 1860 census up in Haralson County. Rowland is Rowland J (possibly for Jasper) "Hobblin" (nickname) BROWN. I have more on Dicey's line but will have to dig it up. There is a Henry County History "book" more like pamphlet, pioneers of that county and there is a nice article on Rowland and Dicey and their children. Very little on Sarah. I'm so glad to have found a cousin who likes to search. My immediate family thinks this is dumb! John's son Oscar named his first child Hattie BIRD Davenport who married Sam Walker, my ggrandparents. I am working a theory of finding some BIRD connections. I am grasping at straws but trying whatever I can to find some links. Shall I post the Waldrop information and the history data, email them to you or snail mail them? Pam
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Debbie 8 Jul 2004 10:32PM GMT 
pam 9 Jul 2004 12:44AM GMT 
SherylLee49 21 Aug 2009 11:19PM GMT 
janabox1 19 Nov 2012 2:07AM GMT 
pam 9 Jul 2004 2:41AM GMT 
Pam 9 Jul 2004 5:24AM GMT 
Debbie 9 Jul 2004 10:10AM GMT 
DeBrada 9 Jul 2004 9:26PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic