Search for content in message boards

Albert Carleton Daves (George)

Replies: 0

Albert Carleton Daves (George)

Posted: 7 Oct 2011 4:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Oct 2011 4:33PM GMT
Looking for information as to where he is buried in Virginia
According to a post on a family tree the following was listed.

Daves, Albert - enlisted as a conscript, February 24th 1863, sent to Camp Randolph in Gordon County, GA, one of the state's larget camps for conscripts. Assigned as a Private, CCompany G, 3rd Regiment, Georgia Volunteer, Infantry, Army of Northern Virginia, CSA Richmond Co., GA "Confederate Light Guards: under Captain Claborne Snead of Augusta, Kille, Chancellorsville, VA May 3, 1863. Alberts "Davis" appears on a list of casualties in Wright's Brigade from the engagments at Chancellorsville, VA. may 1 to 4, 1863. (The error in Albert's name is duplicated on his headstone in Chacellorsville City, Cemetery, Virgina. This error was addressed by family member James F. Panter, Attorney in 1994 and apparently still is not resolved.)

There is NO City of Chancellorsville therefor there is no City Cemetery. I need to know where he is buried and I need apicture of the headstone if any one can help.

I can verfy the information on the name as his widow asked for and received a pension and in the petition for his pension the name is listed both ways, Daves/Davis.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions