Search for content in message boards

Edmund Davey (1787 - 1869) & family - Sussex, England

Replies: 0

Edmund Davey (1787 - 1869) & family - Sussex, England

Posted: 4 Sep 2013 11:19AM GMT
Classification: Bible
Surnames: Davey
Hi,

Please see attachment re the family of Edmund & Mary Davey, from Bolney, Sussex, England.
The document relates to their 10 living children and shows exact dates of birth and in some cases death. There are several other towns in Sussex etc, where the family are involved.

Edmund Davey - 1787 - 1869
Wife Mary Davey (Uwins) - 16 April 1795

10 Children

Mary Ann - 13 Oct 1819 b
Edmund - 30 July 1821
Darius - 23 Oct 1822
Thomas Wickham - 13 June 1825
Henry - 2 May 1827
Elizabeth - 12 May 1829
Leonard - 29 Oct 1831 b - 12 Aug 1877 d
John - 23 Nov 1832
Kate - 20 Feb 1835
Sarah - 26 Mar 1837 b - 15 Aug 1895 d

It was written by the eldest daughter Mary Ann Davey on 12 January 1880, in the front of their family bible (1772 edition)

Sarah's son Aubrey George Davey (15 Dec 1875) married an Australian women and they lived in the USA and Canada before returning to Australia. Their is no indication of who Aubrey's father was, but it may be a Charles Davey?

Their son George William Davey (b 1907) was my grandfather, he was born in Snohomish, Washington State, USA but lived in Australia. I believe his parents may have divorced, there are two other children. I am assuming Aubrey George Davey brought the family bible with him to Australia. I do not know if any other family members made the trip to Australia.

Due to their time spent in the USA and Canada its possible there are family connections there.

At this stage I do not know any details re what happened to the listed children or details of the children they had. So any information appreciated.

I have traced the family back to Edmund Davey (1749 - 1819) but have hit the wall. (there are 3 Edmund Davey's - he is the eldest) Can't confirm who his wife was, one may have died and he may have re-married.

I would love to hear from anyone who has managed to trace this line of the family back further than 1749, or can fill in any missing pieces of the puzzle.

I've only been on the website for a few days, so any information or advice greatly appreciated.

Hope the document saves people a lot of time and effort. Looking at my family tree as I have already entered all the family details, might save anyone interested a lot of time and effort.

Cheers and good luck with your re-search

Stuart Davey
Stanwell Park, NSW, Australia
stunkaz@tpg.com.au

Attachments:

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions