Search for content in message boards

Aaron Davis family.

Replies: 9

Re: Aaron Davis family.

Posted: 2 Aug 2008 5:24PM GMT
Classification: Query
One of my researchers told me that there was a Pugh family closely aligned to Aaron P. Davis. I'm wondering if "P" might stand for "Pugh," perhaps in recognition of the warm bond between the two families. Pugh may well have been a sponsor or benefactor of the Davis family.

It's entirely possible your Jesse and Aaron could be brothers. The naming traditions of the Welsh follow certain patterns. Indeed, a Jesse Davis was my paternal grandfather. Aaron G. (Aaron P's son) also had a common name. There were a number of Aarons within the Davis line.

The fact that Jesse later moved to Stark County, Ohio is interesting. The Welsh, as did most immigrants, tended to cluster together in neighborhoods and follow certain geographical lines. Same foods, same culture, same language. Pennsylvania drew a lot of Welsh because of the mines. Many Welshmen had mining as a background.

One of our family has a journal that suggested Aaron P. was a physician in Wales. If so, I suspect it was our Aaron' P's father, not him. The evidence suggests our Aaron P. was born in Pennsylvania. He's shown in the 1850 Federal Census, as being a 54 year old farmer (which would establish a birthdate of 1796), living in Muscatine, Iowa, and having been born in Pennsylvania.

Our Aaron P. was also supposed to have prepared certain ointments and salves for animals based on his medical training. If so, I suspect these were formulas he learned from his father, who may or may not have been a physician in Wales. I've done a search in Wales but without success. Lots of Aaron Davis's, but nothing solid to connect to.

What part of the world are you in? I edit and publish a weekly newspaper in north San Diego County. Born in Minnesota, grew up in Omaha, moved to California in 1968.

If you'd like to take a look at our paper, it's at:

www.thecommunitypaper.com

Feel free to contact me at my email address of:

thepaper@cox.net

Best.

lyle e davis
editor/publisher
The Paper
Escondido, Ca.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
cr05447 15 Feb 2001 11:09AM GMT 
B Carr 15 Feb 2001 9:35PM GMT 
cr05447 17 Feb 2001 9:59AM GMT 
lyledavis38 2 Aug 2008 2:41AM GMT 
lyledavis38 16 Aug 2008 10:14PM GMT 
lyledavis38 2 Aug 2008 2:37AM GMT 
lyledavis38 2 Aug 2008 2:02PM GMT 
315eliberty 2 Aug 2008 10:33PM GMT 
lyledavis38 2 Aug 2008 11:24PM GMT 
Maryryker 10 Feb 2013 2:31AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions