Search for content in message boards

DAWDY FROM NORFOLK, ENGLAND

Replies: 1

Re: DAWDY FROM NORFOLK, ENGLAND

Posted: 16 Nov 2012 10:20AM GMT
Classification: Query
The earliest Dawdey that I've found came to American colonies 1600s, probably with Winthrop Fleet. However, I don't believe he had any children. The next earlest Dawdey was James, from New Jersey and a soldier who was a French/Indian war soldier. He is probably James Dawdy's, aka Doudy, Dowdy, Dandy, father, also of New Jersey, USA. James Dawdy is my ancestor, whose children nearly all came to Canada following the American Revolution.Through a very small DNA project in 2006, we were able to establish better than 99% the second James Dawdy and Howell Dawdy were likely brothers. Since then, there have been dozens of men with matching DNA profiles found, mostly of Irish ancestry.
Dawdy researchers have not connected to any other line of Dawdys nor has anyone discovered when exactly or where they came from before showing up in New Jersey. If you have a DNA profile on the Dawdys you're researching, we should compare notes.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
louisadawdy 1 Jan 2012 6:19AM GMT 
Joannaliddy1 16 Nov 2012 5:20PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions