Search for content in message boards

Edwin Albert Bartlett Dawe, Dorset abt 1920

Replies: 1

Re: Edwin Albert Bartlett Dawe, Dorset abt 1920

Posted: 27 Dec 2011 5:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: DAWE, BARTLETT
Hi Annie,

I stumbled across your query while doing some research on the Dawe branch of my husband's family, and he has an Edwin Dawe in his family that I wonder might be a connection to your Edwin Dawe.

Our Edwin Dawe was born in 1831. His father's name was Charles Dawe (1806-1856), and his mother was Ann Bartlett (1802-1861). The name Bartlett is used several times within the names of a few of their children.
Our Edwin was one of twelve children. His siblings' names were MaryAnn, William, Charles, George, Harriet, Elizabeth, Emily, Anna, Sarah, Ellen, and ANOTHER Charles.
Now the year 1920 seems like it might be too late to be our Edwin, but perhaps our Edwin could be your Edwin's father or Uncle? I have not done any research into any of Edwin's descendants, because my husband is descended from his brother George Dawe and most of our research was concentrated there.
In our records, MaryAnn, William, and Sarah all have "Bartlett" listed as a middle name. (There might have been more of the siblings with the same middle name, but those are the ones that WE found.)
Anyway, if I come across a connection that seems to match YOUR Edwin for certain, I'll let you know.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Annie Jackson 17 Jul 2002 1:10AM GMT 
jessicahodder... 28 Dec 2011 12:25AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions