Search for content in message boards

Greetings! Nice to read about us...

Replies: 26

DeGroat's

Posted: 25 Jan 2001 8:27AM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 8:15AM GMT
Harry DeGroat was a first cousin to my grandmother. My great grandfather, Edward DeGroat, and your great great grandfather, Francis Hamilton DeGroat, were brothers. They were from Oswego County, New York. Their father was John DeGroat who died while enlisted in the Civil War in Raleigh, North Carolina. Their mother was Harriet DeGroat from Brothertown, New York. Their grandmother was Polly Moore, known as a medicine woman. The DeGroat family moved to Brotherton, Wisconsin in the 1860's and from there many relocated to the Redwood Falls area of Minnesota. Many of the family then moved to the Oneida Indian Reservation near Green Bay, Wisconsin - while "Uncle Frank"'s family stayed in Minnesota. Frank and Ed DeGroat had 2 additional brothers, Al and Charles. Their sisters were Luthera Denny, Polly Davids, Mary Welch, Charity Sears and Emily Johnson. Frank DeGroat had a large family - in addition to Harry, there was Cora Hammer, Willis, Willard, John, Millie Welch, Francis, Lydia Welch and Rex. If you'd like any more information I'd be happy to help. gmwilson@wi.net
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Groveguy60 25 Jan 2001 3:27PM GMT 
Eliza Mann 17 Feb 2001 8:17AM GMT 
driley3 21 Feb 2005 5:36PM GMT 
karistenson1 21 Jun 2012 6:44PM GMT 
driley3 9 Jul 2012 4:54AM GMT 
fresh_grape 13 Nov 2001 7:01AM GMT 
fresh_grape 13 Nov 2001 11:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic