Search for content in message boards

Emile G. DIGGS, circa 2005

Replies: 2

Emile G. DIGGS, circa 2005

Posted: 3 Apr 2005 6:58AM GMT
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: DIGGS, DADDABBO, CORREIA, SCOTTRON, CROMWELL, AKAKA, HECKER, RODRIQUEZ, CHAPMAN, COLE, GLEASON, ROSE
Emile G. Diggs 'M'
The Coast Guard's good friend 'M' has passed away. No one who came to Group Woods Hole and needed his assistance went away empty handed. M was one of the smartest, most talented people I have ever met. He could do construction in the morning, clean the environment in the afternoon, studied computers, he also spoke German. He taught me all kinds of things. He had a unique way of seeing things that made him a geat problem solver. He was one of the nicest human beings I have ever known. He was my friend and I shall miss him. Funeral Notice Emile G. Diggs of Mashpee, passed away in Mashpee on Tuesday, January 11, 2005. He was 67. Born in Boston, MA. First born child of George and Katherine Diggs. He graduated High school in Boston, MA. Emile served in the United States Army from February 29, 1960 to March 28, 1963. He was ranked Master Sergeant. He lived in Roxbury, Jamaica Plain, Taunton, South Carolina, Japan and Cape Cod. Emile worked at General Dynamics in Quincy, MA and Charleston, South Carolina and worked for the United States Coast Guard from July 9, 1974 to October 1, 1999. He served in the United States Coast Guard Auxiliary from July, 1986 to the present as Staff Officer for the Flotilla and at Air Station Cape Cod performing administrative duties. He had numerous Coast Guard Awards; The Commander’s Award for Sustained Excellence in the Federal Service, eleven Distinguished Performance Awards, Commander’s Award for Civilian Service, Special Act Award, Coast Guard Meritorious Team Commendation & two personal Certificates of Appreciation from the White House. Emile participated in six successful Presidential Security Operations and was a Founding Member of the Department of Homeland Security He earned many Coast Guard Auxiliary Service Awards: as followed; 3 Membership Service Awards, The Coast Guard Bicentennial Unit Commendation, A Coast Guard Unit Commendation, The Department of Transportation Secretary’s Outstanding Unit Award & A Coast Guard Special Operations Ribbon. Emile G. Diggs was the devoted father of Cindy Diggs of Roxbury, Kim Diggs-Daddabbo of Newton & step-father of Meghan Correia of RI and the late Kord Correia. Grandfather of Joseph Emile Diggs of Newton. Former Husband of Alice (Scottron) Diggs of Roxbury & the late Evelyn (Correia) Diggs. Brother of Joyce Cromwell of Nova Scotia Canada, Theresa Akaka of Brockton, Patricia Hecker of Roxbury, Charlotte Rodriguez of Cumberland, RI & Melvin Diggs of Fall River. He is also survived by numerous nieces & nephews. Visiting Hours will take place on Tuesday January 18th from 12:00 – 1:00 PM in the Chapman, Cole & Gleason Funeral Home 74 Algonquin Ave at Route 151 Mashpee MA 02649. A Funeral Home Service will take place at 1:00 PM. Burial will follow in the VA National Cemetery, Bourne, MA. In lieu of flowers, donations in Emile’s name may be made to the Heart of Boston Foundation, P.O. Box 2131, Woburn, MA 01888.
01/14/05 Submitted by: Peter Rose pjrose@joimail.com

This obituary or remembrance along with others posted at these boards was transcribed from the United States Coast Guard shipmates website “Freds Place”. I am not related to this person and have posted this obituary/remembrance on behalf of family members and genealogical researchers who may be interested.

Glen F. Pritchett
USGENWEB volunteer

Surnames: DIGGS, DADDABBO, CORREIA, SCOTTRON, CROMWELL, AKAKA, HECKER, RODRIQUEZ, CHAPMAN, COLE, GLEASON, ROSE
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
pritch4398 3 Apr 2005 12:58PM GMT 
Michael_Bruts... 24 Dec 2006 8:12AM GMT 
pritch4398 24 Dec 2006 2:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic