Search for content in message boards

Pennsylvania Dingler's

Replies: 2

Pennsylvania Dingler's

Posted: 26 May 2012 7:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am trying to locate the ancestor family of a John Dingler(A) b. May 8, 1793,in Berks Co, PA. m. Oct 25, 1820 to Martha Coryell, b Jul 15, 1795 in Lewisburg, PA. He was my GGGrandfather.

Their children were: John C. born in 1823, Joseph J. born 1824, Sarah J, born 1824, Tunison C. born Apr 15, 1826, and Joseph R. born Feb 2, 1836. I don't have the locations of the children's berth.

My thoughts go toward the Johannes Dingler family, but the genealogy of this family gets pretty confusing.

I have an listing of immigrants from Wuerttemburg, pg 48, that List the following information: "Dingler, Johannes (1)-Dagesheim. Clothmaker [Zeugmacher]. Wf. Maria Magdalena, nie Gaertner. Ch. (1) Johannes, b. 9-5-1750. to the "New Land." //John (Johan) Dingler, Queen of Denmark, September 11, 1753, Hinke, I, 517, 519. 3PA, 16, 168. John Dengler, with Jacob and George Dengler, Douglass Tp, Philadelphia Co., Pa, 1782.3PA, 19, 31 : John Dinglers estate, with George Dingler (singler), Easton Tp., Northampton Co., Pa, 1785."

Now the confusion! In a post by Michael Dingler of Dec. 30, 2001 on GenForum, he states that there were two Johannes Dingler's from Germany. The first in 1753 arrived on the Queen of Denmark. (This agrees with the information included above), the second Johannes Dingler arrived in the late 1770's as a Hessian mercenary soldier to fight in the Revolution for the British. Evedently he deserted the British and joined the Americans and later married Nancy Paschall. He died in Georgia.

From a Pedigree Resource File on FamilySearch.org, free family history and genealogy records, I came across the family of John Dingler(B) b. abt 1760 in Sevboldstadorf, Bavaria, Germany. d. Morgan, GA about 1818. His parents were Johannes Dingler & Mary Magdalena/Gaertner (This couple aparently are the same people that came on the Queen of Denmark in 1753). John Dingler(B) apparently had two wives according to this file. The first wife was Eva Christina / Eisenmenger/ They married Sep 16, 1783 in Tulpehocken, Berks Co. PA. They had four children: John George Dengler b. Feb 5, 1786,d. Sep 12, 1860; Catharine Dengler b. Mar 7,1784 in Newmanstown Mill Creek Township Lebanon, PA d. Mar 12, 1846 at same location.; John Jacob Dengler b.Oct 7, 1787 d. Oct 5, 1843.; Elizabeth Dengler b. Mar 2, 1791, d. Jan 17, 1864. This file does not indicate the death date of Christina. His second wife according to the file is Nancy Paschall abt 1782 in North Carolina. They had 9 children and the records of those births are well documented. This family seems to be the subject of the Terry Cowan book, "Dinglers of the South". If I understand the writing in this book Johannes Dingler was born about 1760 in Barvaria, Germany. He was enlisted as a mercenary soldier for the British and came to America sometime between 1776 and 1779. He deserted the British in 1779 and joined the Americans. The campaingne that he was in were in NC and the South. He married Nancy after the war.

Now, if this John Dingler(B) b in 1760 in Germany in the Pedigree Resource file is the same John Dingler or Johannes Dingler mentioned in the Dinglers of the South how can he have the same parents of the Johannes Dingler b 1750 in Germany when they arrived in the US in 1753? My feelings are that perhaps this file is wrong in that this John Dingler(B) is not the same person that married Chsristina Eisenmenger in Berks Co. PA. and that the Johannes (John) Dingler that she married was the Johannes Dingler born in 1750 and came to America on the Queen of Denmark with his Father and Mother Johannes and Magdalena. If this is true, then Terry Cowans statement in his book that his line of Dinglers are not connected to the PA Dinglers is correct.

Questions:
Did Johannes and Magdalena settle in Northamton Co. PA?
Did they have additional children born in PA? Ifso, what are thier names and dob, pob?
Was the John Dingler that married Eva Christina Eisenmenger the Johannes that arrived on the QoD?
Did John and Eva Christina continue to live in Berks Co. PA after their marraiage?
Are the John Dengler with George Dengler and Jacob Dengler of Douglas Tp, Philladelphai Co. mentioned in the imagrants listing, the same family of John and Christina?
Is the George Dingler mention in the imagrant listing with the John Dingler's estate, Easton Tp., Northampton, PA the George Dengler of John and Christina?

Any answeres to these questions that will tie into my GGG John Dingler(A) will be greatly appreciated.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DaveDingler 27 May 2012 1:02AM GMT 
Chief_Roshong 19 Feb 2014 10:26PM GMT 
DaveDingler 20 Feb 2014 7:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic