Search for content in message boards

Ann Donnelly, of County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, alive in 1905

Replies: 2

Ann Donnelly, of County Tyrone, Northern Ireland, alive in 1905

Posted: 31 Jan 2004 3:32AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Aug 2004 3:07AM GMT
Surnames: Donnelly, Montague, McCrustal, McSorley, O'Neill
I've been searching for our Co. Tyrone roots for many years and have just obtained a breakthrough document, which lists nine nephews of my Irish great-grandfather, the Rev Francis Montague (abt 1815-1893). The Document reads, in part:

"Oath for Administration
In the High Court of Justice of Ireland, King's Bench Division - Probate
In the Goods of Reverend Francis Montague, formerly of Drogheda in the County of Louth, Catholic Clergyman, I, Bridget McSorley of Deroon (?) Beragh in the County of Tyrone, widow, aged twenty one years and upwards make Oath and say that Reverend Francis Montague of Drogheda in the County of Louth Catholic Clergyman Deceased died intestate without parent or grandparent, brother or sister uncle or aunt but leaving the Reverend Francis O'Neill, Peter Montague, Michael Montague, Thomas Montague, Francis Montague and Daniel Montague six lawful Nephews and Ann Donnelly, Ellen McCrystal and me this deponent three lawful Nieces and only next of kin him surviving that I will well and faithfully administer the personal Estate of the said Deceased by paying his just debts, and distributing the residue of said Estate according to Law."

Note that in fact The Rev Francis Montague had a widow and four sons alive (including my grandfather) at the date of this document, bu Bridget McSorley and her cousins must have been totally unaware of this, due to the estrangement between my great-grandfather and his Irish family.

Does anyone know of a County Tyrone Montague family which contained most or all of these nine people alive in 1905, in particular Ann Donnelly?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
DonMontag 31 Jan 2004 10:32AM GMT 
MMcCartan 13 Nov 2008 1:32PM GMT 
DonMontag 13 Nov 2008 5:46PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions