Search for content in message boards

William Henry DOZIER, b. 1849 -- from GA

Replies: 2

William Henry DOZIER, b. 1849 -- from GA

Jessie Cheek (View posts)
Posted: 13 Sep 2005 8:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dozier, Dosier, Haines, Baisey, Elmore, Talbott
I am trying to sort through the Georgia Dozier families to see which family a William Henry Dozier b. 1849 is from. I found a Henry Dozier born 1849 in the household of Richard Talley Dozier and his wife, Louisa in 1860 GA census. This is the only possibility I see for the William Henry Dozier I am looking at. I am researching the Dozier family that was buried in the Thompson Creek Cemetery in Brazos County, TX. From census data, I know they came from Georgia. Wm. and his wife Pereline (Parolee Haines) were in Brazos County, TX in 1870 census--were married there in 1870 in Texas. There was also a Henry W. who was buried there, buried in 1933 (William Henry was buried 1928--I think they were different folks, but could be a mistake in cemetery books--the cemetery is overgrown, so tombstones inaccessible)
Parolee was also buried in this cemetery. I have found various other Dozier/Dosier families in early Brazos County records, but can't connect them. There was a Charles Dosier who married a Nancy Baisey on 3/30/1879 (can't find on census) and a Dave Dozier married to Catherine Elmore on 10/19/1884 also in Brazos County. On census data there was also a James Dosier b. 1813 GA and wife, Eliza age 46 b. GA with son, Thomas age 25 on 1870 Brazos County, TX census. This Thomas J. Dozier married a Eliza Talbott (age 20) on 8/6/1874. On 1880 census J.L Dozier and his wife, Eliza were living next door to William Henry and Parolee Dozier, but I can't find the connection, as I have looked through various websites and rootsweb postings for the Leonard Dozier line and can't find a James L. Dozier that fits this data. Can either of you two help me in this, or any other Dozier researchers out there!??.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Jessie Cheek 14 Sep 2005 2:07AM GMT 
dstock40 28 Feb 2012 11:46AM GMT 
JessieMCheek 28 Feb 2012 12:28PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions