(1) William INGLES 1729-1782
(1) Mary DRAPER Ingles 1732-1815
Kidnapped by Shawnee July 7,1755 and
taken to Ohio.
(2) Thomas INGLES (Son of William)
1751- Returned home after ransom
paid by William and Mary Ingles 13
years after being captured
approximately 17 years old).
Wanted to live as he had for the
past 13 years, as an Indian. Was
unhappy with civilized life and
was sent to Albemarle County
(Charlottesville) by his father,
where he later married.
(2) Eleanor GRILLS INGLES (Wife of
(2) George INGLES (Son of William)
1753-1755 Died 1755 a few days
after being kidnapped by Indians.
(2) Bettie Eleanor INGLES (Daughter of
William) Adopted into an Indian
family and never returned.
(2) Susannah INGLES (Daughter of
Abraham TRIGG (Husband of Susannah
(2) Rhoda INGLES (Daughter of William)
Byrd SMITH (Husband of Rhoda
(2) Mary INGLES (Daughter of William)
John GILLS (Husband of Mary INGLES)
(2) John INGLES (Son of William)