Search for content in message boards

Patrick Driscoll family in Tarrytown, NY

Replies: 0

Patrick Driscoll family in Tarrytown, NY

Posted: 5 Sep 2013 8:17PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Driscoll, Magee, Kelly
Seaching for ancestors of Patrick Driscoll, of Ireland, born 1827 (d: 1915); married Mary Glanville (b: ~1836, d: 1919); children Dennis, James Patrick, Mary, Margaret, Catherine/Katherine (all born in Ireland), Julia, William, John Henry & Lizzie (born in NY). Found in Tarrytown, NY 1880 census living with Catherine's family, the Frederick Magees, and also a reference to being there in 1912 via a newspaper article about them celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary. Article mentioned Patrick telling humorous stories of "Pennybridge," which is the name of a bridge in Dublin AND an area of Tarrytown! So, no idea which Pennybridge is being referenced or what Patrick's connection to either could be... Think Mary & the children may have come over on the ship Batavia in April of 1871 or 72. I am a descendant of their daughter Julia Anne, married to Francis J. Kelly, one child - John Francis Kelly, my grandfather. The Kellys settled in New Jersey. My great grandfather had an insurance business & my grandfather was a police officer in Bogota. All are buried with Julia's parents and some of her siblings in the Sleepy Hollow Cemetery near Tarrytown, NY. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions