Replies: 38

ATTN All Dryden Researchers with ties to Ware Co Ga John and Hester Dryden

Posted: 9 Mar 2002 1:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 Sep 2003 10:31AM GMT
Surnames: Dryden, Crockett, Miller
Hi,
Just thought I would post this on John and Hester

John had some kind of vision late in life and took his wife and sons William and Aaron west. I don't know what happened to John or William (supposedly William returned to GA) but in 1880 Jasper Co Tx Princt 4 Page 167 Family # 147 is

Dryden, Aaron m w age 28 b Ga father b Ga mother b GA
Nathan m w age 8 son b Tx father b Ga mother b Tx
Lee w f age 1 b Tx father b Ga mother b Tx
Hester w f age 63 (might be 60 or 68 very hard to read) mother no listing on her parents or where she was born.

Anyway Aaron Dryden married Sarah Crockett on 1-19-1871 in Jasper co Tx (I got this from Jasper Co Hist Comm) and a copy of this marriage license is on file with the Jasper Co Tx court house in Jasper Tx.

Sarah is listed on the 1880 Mortality Schedule Jasper Co as dying in Dec 1879 from St Vitus Dance (also known as Chorlea)
she was age 24 years of age at time of death and was keeping house as a occupation and it also list that there was no attending physican at her death. It also list her as being in the county only 21 years but I know for sure that she lived there her whole 24 years. She was born in Buna Jasper co Tx in 1856. According to the census of 1860 she was 6 but I have since found out that Sarah and her brother David's birth years were reversed on the census. Sarah was according to the mortality schedule 24 in 1879 making her born abt 1855 or 1856. David her brother is listed as being 4 in 1860 but his tombstone reads b 12-24-1854 d 1-24-1900
So i dont know for sure if Sarah was born in 1854 or 1856 and David b 1854 or 1856. Could be either on both.
Sarah and David were siblings to my gggrandfather Leonard Lewis Crockett.
Sarah's parents were Andrew David Crockett and Clarissa "Claricy" Ann Richardson who were married also in Jasper co on 8-7-1851. Sarah had 6 half brothers and 5 natural brothers and one natural sister.

Any one wanting info on Sarah Crockett Dryden's Crockett family just ask and I will send you all I have (which is extensive)

I do have some of the descendants of Nathan Dryden the son of Aaron and Sarah but nothing yet on Lee as I have just recently found a descendant of Nathans.

Anyone wishing copies of the census or mortality schedule for Aaron and Sarah I will also send.

There is a cemetary in Buna Jasper Co Tx called Morse Cemetary where Hester, Aaron, and Sarah might possible be buried. I was told just recently that the cemetary will be on line sometime in the next month and that Aaron and Sarah are buried there from a descendant of their son Nathan.

It will be listed at TXGenweb under Jasper Co
You also might want to check Antioch Cemetary when it comes on line as that is where most of Sarah's family is buried.
Sarah's paternal grandmother was Martha "Patsy" Durdin/Durdino Crockett and was a founding charter member of the Antioch Primitive Baptist Church in Buna Jasper Co Tx and there is also a history for this church on line here at Rootsweb for Jasper co.
Any one wantting this history or a picture of the church I also can provide both past and present picture.

There is a historicle marker outside of the church with Martha Crockett's name on it and I also have that picture.

So know I know that Sarah and Aaron probably meet at that church as Aaron's father John was a baptist preacher.

Well I just wanted to post this info for all of the descendants of John and his wife Hester Miller Dryden (I dont know where other researchers have found the maiden name of Hester) but I have not been able to find it yet.

I am able to send all of the above info and pictures email.

Thank you Debra LaMel
Crockett researcher in Tx

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
dlamel 9 Mar 2002 8:39PM GMT 
notforsale71 11 Mar 2002 12:42AM GMT 
ksdragonman1 14 Mar 2002 3:35AM GMT 
mjdr79 13 Jan 2003 7:40AM GMT 
dlamel 13 Jan 2003 2:33PM GMT 
mjdr79 21 Jan 2003 7:10PM GMT 
mamakaye04 4 Jul 2003 2:33AM GMT 
Henry A. Dryden 3 Nov 2003 6:52AM GMT 
jdry943 15 Oct 2009 7:50PM GMT 
Henry A. Dryden 3 Nov 2003 6:42AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions