Search for content in message boards

Mystery Marriage???

Replies: 0

Mystery Marriage???

Posted: 13 May 2012 9:28PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: Dula, Hutcheson, Hutchinson
I just learned that my grandmother, Flora C. Dula (b. 1903 and d. 1988), was married and divorced before she married my grandfather. Previously, I had thought she lived here entire life in and around Burke County, NC. According to my "new" information, Flora married a man by the last name of Hutchinson, Hutcheson, or some other variation. The two probably married sometime in the 1920's, maybe in NC but probably somewhere else. In the 1920 Census, she was living at home at age 17. In the 1930 census,she is still living in her mother's home. However, she is shown as single, with the name of Flora H. under the family heading of Dula. After their marriage, the two "ran off up north somewhere", probably Pennsylvania. She may have worked in a mental hospital while she was in PA. This failed marriage is a huge point of shame in my family and nobody ever mentioned this relationship before.

I would love to find some evidence to back up this new information. I've searched but I'm not finding any leads.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions