Search for content in message boards

Candis Abigail "Abbie" Dunham (b. abt. 1870 in Iowa) and Alice Knapp (b. abt. 1857 in Wisconsin)

Replies: 1

Candis Abigail "Abbie" Dunham (b. abt. 1870 in Iowa) and Alice Knapp (b. abt. 1857 in Wisconsin)

Posted: 13 Jun 2014 1:09PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 13 Jun 2014 3:18PM GMT
Surnames: Knapp, Dunham, Kenison, Collins
I'm looking for relatives or descendants of Candis Abigail Dunham ("Abbie"), the daughter of Cornelius Dunham and Adelia Collins. Adelia Collins was the daughter of William Collins and Elizabeth Kenison.

Abbie had a half sister through Adelia Collins' first marriage to Julius Knapp named Alice Knapp.

I know from the census that they moved to Kansas by the 1870s.

I am distantly related to Adelia Collins through her mother, Elizabeth Kenison. I have in my possession a picture of Abigail Dunham and Alice Knapp in an old photo album that belonged to the Collins family originally. I have digitized the copies to the best of my ability, which I have attached here. Please feel free to use them in any way you please. If you'd like me to write up a citation for your tree just for your information, I'd be happy to do so. Otherwise, there's no need to credit me.

I would love to know what happened to the girls, so if anyone has information on them, that'd be wonderful!

Edit: The inscriptions are "Alice C. Knapp" and then "Abbie half-sister of Alice."

Alice C. Knapp on left, standing next to a chair.
Abbie Dunham on right, holding doll, sitting.
Attachments:
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
AB_Gerard 13 Jun 2014 7:09PM GMT 
AB_Gerard 13 Jun 2014 9:16PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions