Search for content in message boards

famous Dunham (Singletary) cousin - Sen Barak Obama

Replies: 16

Re: famous Dunham (Singletary) cousin - Sen Barak Obama

Posted: 2 Oct 2012 8:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
What is up with Reuters and Ancestry.com? Obama is the son of a white woman and a Kenyan, and actually descended from Middle Easterners who were actually slave owners! How could they possibly come up with this truly remarkable linkage to the “first documented African” that was enslaved? Quite dubious that it is the "fist" documented. So, because he changed his name to Dunham they are related?

From the Reuters story (http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/10/02/us-ancestry-permir... )
“Ancestry has about 2 million paid subscribers. The website said in July it had discovered that U.S. President Barack Obama is the eleventh great-grandson of John Punch, the first documented African enslaved for life in the American colonies.”

Perhaps locking down all his actual birth and academic records opens this up as another political untruth? I am seeing considerable totally unbelievable and absolutely blatant lies in the mainstream media, but this one genuinely challenges my previous respect for the integrity and accuracy of Ancestry.com. So his linkage to an enslaved ancestor is through his white mother? Give me a major break, when do the spin and lies stop?
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
borstel1 25 Jul 2011 7:07PM GMT 
borstel1 24 Jul 2011 6:08PM GMT 
sparks22003 25 Jul 2011 2:29PM GMT 
borstel1 25 Jul 2011 2:47PM GMT 
vette59jdwl 25 Jul 2011 8:04PM GMT 
carlwilliams9... 3 Oct 2012 2:57AM GMT 
carlwilliams9... 3 Oct 2012 3:06AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions