Search for content in message boards

Dunlap's living in Maine

Replies: 0

Dunlap's living in Maine

Peggy (View posts)
Posted: 25 Aug 2006 12:52PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dunlap
I am searching for anyone that may have information about my Dunlap's that settled here in Maine. I have been able to trace my family back to about the 1760-1770 time frame. They came to Ripley, Maine from Norway, Maine around 1816. This information I got from a book called "Entering Ripley" by Sandra Blaney. In her book she said they came originally from Wales England to Hopkinton, New Hampshire before settling in Maine.

William Dunlap Sr. and his family were living in Ripley, Maine in the 1820's per census records. In the "Entering Ripley, Maine book I was told his wife was an Olive Richardson (I have not actual proof of this).

They had a son William Dunlap Jr. who married twice. First time was to a Silvia Sampson then the second marriage was to Mary Stinson (she went sometimes by the name of Polly).

This is all the information I have on William Dunlap Sr. who may have come from Wales England. Does anyone out there have information about this individual.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions