Search for content in message boards

confirmation of name of parents/family

Replies: 16

George W. Dunn

J.Schmidt (View posts)
Posted: 12 Nov 1999 6:09AM GMT
Thank you for your reply regarding G. W. Dunn. I am only speculating as to whether or not Daniel Dunn is the father of Elmira/Almira Dunn b.1828. I do know from my grandmother and my father that the Perkins and the Dunns were originally from Lyons,NY. Also supporting this are three published articles:A HISTORY OF COLLIN COUNTY, TEXAS by J.L.Stambaugh, and COLLIN COUNTY,TX.FAMILIES by A.Pitts and M.P Champ, and the CHRONICLES OF OK.. The descendacy chart of Daniel and Permelia Dunn shows their being from New York with Daniel having died in Lyons,NY. It also shows their children and where and when they were born. Of interest to me regarding their children, was the listing of an Almira Dunn born,1828 in St.Louis,MO. My grandmother, in her own hand recorded her grandmother, Almira Dunn born 26 Mar 1828. She also shows Almira Dunn and Wm H. Perins married 20 Dec. 1846. The articles mentioned above record the same plus St.Louis,MO as to where they were married. The articles also mention that Almira had a brother,George W. Dunn who was a "celebrated naturalist of Californis and lived to be over ninety yrs. of age". Wm.H.Perkins and Almira Dunn Perkins had 7 children; it's interesting that one was named Frank Dunn Perkins. I hope this will help. If there is a true connection of Daniel Dunn being he father of my Almira Dunn, then we may be related. Also, Wm.Perkins, originally from Lyons,NY. and Almira had moved from St.Louis to Tishomingo,Indian Territory,where he was employed as an architect and builder of govt. buildings and where she was employed as a teacher. There was also mentioned as a teacher,a S.Dunn.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
George W. Dunn 31 Oct 1999 9:53AM GMT 
scallaham 4 Nov 1999 8:18AM GMT 
george w. dunn 11 Nov 1999 9:04PM GMT 
george w. dunn 11 Nov 1999 9:13PM GMT 
J.Schmidt 12 Nov 1999 1:09PM GMT 
darrah dunn stephen 13 Nov 1999 8:16PM GMT 
xbobwinA26159... 30 Dec 1999 8:21PM GMT 
miltontscott6... 20 May 2011 10:04PM GMT 
Bob Winn 21 May 2011 1:40PM GMT 
miltontscott6... 21 May 2011 5:33PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions