Search for content in message boards

Lewis Duvall of Fayette County, Pennsylvania

Replies: 2

Lewis Duvall of Fayette County, Pennsylvania

Posted: 1 Nov 2012 10:48AM GMT
Classification: Query
I descend from Lewis Duvall (b. ca. 1740) of Fayette County, Pennsylvania and his wife, Margaret Driscall via their son, John Lewis Duvall (b. ca. 1767) and his first wife, Lydia Hart. John Lewis lived to be quite old, dying in 1859 in Bullitt Co., Kentucky.

As I browse the internet, I've found a couple different theories as to where Lewis of Fayette County fits into the larger Duvall family tree. I've seen two different lineages suggested for him, each tracing his line to Mareen Duvall of Middle Plantation. However, I am not seeing proof for either lineage.

One goes like this:
Lewis Duvall (b. ca. 1740) m. Margaret Driscal;
Samuel Duvall (b. 1714) m. Ellenoar Pierce;
Mareen Duvall (b. 1687) m. Sarah ?;
Mareen "the elder" Duvall (b. 1661) m. Frances Stocket;
Mareen "the immigrant" Duvall (b. 1625) m. Mary Bouth;

The other lineage suggests that Lewis of Fayette is the son or grandson of John Duvall (son of Mareen Duvall the immigrant) who married Elizabeth Jones.

I'm just wondering if someone knows more about this family and might be able to assist me in getting to the bottom of this mystery? One of the lineages has to be wrong. Perhaps both of them are. Any assistance would be gladly appreciated.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
JeremyJohnson... 1 Nov 2012 4:48PM GMT 
P_Brough 1 Nov 2012 5:30PM GMT 
JeremyJohnson... 1 Nov 2012 6:43PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions