Search for content in message boards

George C Dymond (Diamond) , Carrie, LaRue - Bangor

Replies: 0

George C Dymond (Diamond) , Carrie, LaRue - Bangor

Posted: 23 Jan 2011 10:09AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dymond - Diamond - Peters (Talbot - O'Ree - Simmons - etc)
Hello,
I am looking for genealogical information about my Dymond lineage. In the effort to avoid information overlap, before I mention what I seek, I would like to share what I already know.

I know there is an extensive network of Bangor families who have a proud heritage and are related and/or connected to the Dymonds (Talbot, O'ree, and many others.) I believe my Dymond line may be connected to this family, though I can not be sure without firmer evidence. That said, my main reason thinking their may be a connection is my great grandfather GEORGE C DYMOND/DIAMOND was born in Bangor ME.

George Dymond, Sr & Carrie (Peters) Dymond were Canadian born residents of Bangor Maine (I have numerous census references). They were my ancestor, George C Dymond's parents. His siblings were Hester C (who married John Laurence/Lawrence, I believe they stayed in Maine) & LaRue V (I do not know who she married or if she remained in Maine, I do know she graduated Bangor High in 1926). Another sibling was listed on a census as Ralph, but I have no other information regarding or referencing him.

What I am specifically looking for is information regarding two individuals:

1. The familial origin of my 2nd great grandfather George Dymond/Diamond Sr. I have seen some Dymond family trees showing he is the son of Moses & others that do not include him. Most of these trees appear to be owned by descendants of Bertha Dymond. If there is someone in this family that has documents, evidence or other information that my George Dymond was a member of this family please let me know.

2. The familial origin of Carrie (Peters) Dymond - or anyone who knows anything about her. I have seen her photo on some family trees here, but no information. She is also referenced several times in Maureen Elgersman Lee's "Black Bangor." This interesting book has much information on Black families of Bangor, however it does not have a family tree, ahnentafel reports or a clear way to trace familial relationships. What is does say is she was a dressmaker who lived on Hersey Avenue.

If you know more, please share.

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions