Search for content in message boards

Eades and Martins from VA, NC to Indiana

Replies: 0

Eades and Martins from VA, NC to Indiana

Posted: 25 May 2012 8:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Eades, Martin
Can anyone help place the following Eades men? John Eades married Elizabeth Joyce in Stokes County, NC. James Eades married Margaret Joyce in Rockingham County, NC. They end up in Indiana along with Thomas Eades. I assume they are brothers.

The Eades, Banks, Martins, Joyce and some other families from this area of Stokes and Rockingham appear to have went together to Indiana. Stephen Banks, married Mary Martin, daughter of George Martin and Millie Eades (Millie was the daughter of Abraham Eades of Albemarle). George Martin's estate records name Mary and Stephen Banks. A Joseph Martin married the sister of Stephen Banks and Carter Banks married Amelia Martin. I believe that these Martin's are kin to George Martin but they aren't his children or grandchildren. Joseph is believed to be the son of Benjamin Martin of Rockingham County, NC, and lived by the Joyce family there. Benjamin also moved to Indiana.

I would think these Eades men were from the same Eades family as Millie Eades Martin. They were all born in NC all after 1800. Winston Eades appears to be in the same general location as these men.

Any help would be appreciated. George and Millie Martin lived in Amherst County, VA, then Henry County, VA, then Surry County, NC where George died abt 1851 or so. His son Abraham lived in Rockingham County, where he died.

Find a board about a specific topic