Search for content in message boards

Ann Eakin of Delaware

Replies: 8

Re: Ann Eakin of Delaware

Posted: 7 May 2012 6:44PM GMT
Classification: Biography
Surnames: Steele, Eakin, Tunstall, Verna
We are indeed related! My mother was Bessie Steele, daughter of Edwin Eakin Steele, Sr., and niece of your great-grandmother, Rosamond V. Steele Tunstall. I never met your great-grandmother, but I met your grandmother and grandfather several times and liked them both very much, as did my mother.

I had not realized that she had died. Can you tell me where members of your family are buried? And actually, I have no information on Rosamund V. Steele Tunstall, whom I never met. (She was ill when as a child I met Aunt Elsie for the only time, along with her bedridden mother, Alice Antcliffe Steele. Aunt Florence Steele Talley was there also, and I met her several times, getting to know her quite well through the years.)

Thank you for telling me that William's E. stands for Eakin! How did you learn that? (Your mother must be Fran, whom I met in 1974, when, traveling with my mother, I saw Rhody and Frank for the first time since 1943--which was the only other time. I can't remember Fran's married name!) William E. is indeed the son of Henry and Ann and the brother of Henry the naval lieutenant. There was a third brother, Richard, as you probably know.

I don't know the parents of Henry the innkeeper, nor the parents of his wife Ann Eakin. I have been away from genealogy for several years and am just now getting back to it. I too have a brick wall on the other side of Henry -- and Ann as well!

Your rather distant cousin
Ann (who needs more information about Rosamond Tunstall and your Aunt Florence)

I cannot help you with Henry Steele's parents. He and Ann are the earliest Steeles I have!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Ann Parrish 18 Sep 2004 4:37PM GMT 
Roxnowak 20 Sep 2004 2:00AM GMT 
Ann Parrish 20 Sep 2004 7:11PM GMT 
Lib 22 Sep 2004 2:24PM GMT 
Parrish_Ann 8 May 2012 12:54AM GMT 
Parrish_Ann 8 May 2012 12:51AM GMT 
dizemagpie1 7 May 2012 7:16PM GMT 
Parrish_Ann 8 May 2012 12:44AM GMT 
witchcpa 8 May 2012 2:44AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic