Search for content in message boards

Caty Earhart, Lincoln, NC

Replies: 1

Caty Earhart, Lincoln, NC

Posted: 10 Jul 2011 3:34PM GMT
Classification: Query
I need some info. on the Earharts of Lincoln, NC.
I have just gotten into the Earharts. David Willis married Catherine Earhart in 1840 in Carroll Co. TN.
In 1860, my Great grandfather, Richard Rone is 11 yrs. old and living with David and Catherine. His parents were in the 1850 census, James Rone and Sarah, Richard 2, in Henderson Co.TN. I assumed that Catherine Willis was Richard's grandmother, but at the time I didn't know about the 1840 Marriage. I could not find an Earhart family nearby. I do not have my files with me right now but I believe Catherine was 10 yrs. older than David Willis(who was not old enough to be Sarah's father). It seems to me that Catherine Earhart Willis was a widow at the time of marriage to David.
There is not other mention of a Catherine Earhart so I checked NC and found a Caty Earhart, owner of slaves in the 1820 census of Lincoln, NC and she is living with Wm. D. Abernathey. There are 3 women, one is 10-16 and two are over 45. Can you tell me anything about this family and a connection?
Was Catherine married to an Earhart? I know nothing about Earharts in Lincoln, NC.
Guessing Sarah b. abt. 1825 and Catherine abt. 1800.
Abernathy b. in 1770.
Thanks, Evelyn
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
tnjle 10 Jul 2011 9:34PM GMT 
jeffearhart1 13 Oct 2011 11:44PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic