Search for content in message boards

Will of John Earhart of Brown Co, Ohio (1777-1851)

Replies: 0

Will of John Earhart of Brown Co, Ohio (1777-1851)

Posted: 29 Dec 2011 8:44AM GMT
Classification: Will
Edited: 18 Oct 2012 9:09PM GMT
Surnames: Earhart, Thompson, Allen, Mogen, Moyer, Church
08/03/1849

WILL OF JOHN EARHART: "Know all men; that I, John Earhart, of the County of Brown and State of Ohio, do make and publish this, my last will and testament.

First: I to have a decent burial and my just debts paid.

Second: I give, devise, and bequeath to each of my daughters, Virg Mary, wife of Isaac Thompson, Eliza, wife of George Allen, and Harriet, wife of Jonathon Church, each one hundred and fifty dollars.

Third: I give, devise, and bequeath to my granddaughter Caroline Thompson twenty dollars to be paid to her when she comes of age, and my grandson and son (of?) Benjamin Earhart, Henry H. Earhart, twenty-five dollars to be paid when he comes of age, and to to my son, William Earhart, I give and bequeath all my cooper tools.

Fourth: I give, devise, and bequeath all my real estate including my interest in the land bought by myself and son Samuel to my sons and their heirs equally. The names of my sons are: Benjamin, Adam, David, John, Samuel, and William. The above real estate is to be divided equally among my sons unless Samuel should die before myself and without heirs, then and in that case, my land is to be divided equally between the five other sons and their heirs.

Fifth: If there is not personal propety enough to pay the legacies as given above to my daughters and grandchildren, then the balance to be paid by my sons who get the land. The above legacies to be a lien upon the land until the legacies are paid, the daughters are to have their money in one year after my death.

Sixth: I nominate and appoint my sons Benjamin and Adam, Executors of this my last will and testament.

In testimony thereof, I have hereunto subscribed my name and affixed my seal this ?????, third day of August, in the year eighteen hundred and forty-nine.

John Earhart

Signed and acknowledged by the said John Earhart as his last will and testament in our presence and witnessed by us in his presence and at his request.

John Mogen(?)
George Moyer

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions