John Baylis Earle and Silver Glade.

Replies: 22

Re: John Baylis Earle and Silver Glade.

Bellinda Myrick - Barnett (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2003 10:35AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: EARLE - HARRISON - SORRELL - HOLBROOK - JENNINGS
Hello,

Just wanted to say hello from another EARLE cousin here in Texas and to say thanks for clarifying who Hannah EARLE that married Thomas HARRISON belongs to! I've been looking all over for her parents. You probably already have the information on the parents, etc. of Thomas HARRISON but, if not, let me know and I will send those over.

A few years ago I was lucky enough to have the multiple Samuel men in the EARLE lineage 'unscrambled' for me by cousin Wilton EARLE WORKMAN whom has been communicating with you here on this forum about your particular group of EARLEs, (Hi, Wilton!,) and found that I descend from (Major) Samuel EARLE, III and his 2nd son to be named Samuel EARLE, IV.

The 1st son named Samuel EARLE, IV was born in Abt. 1727, died: Abt. 1752 and he married a Miss ? PERKINS and was the son of Anna SORRELL who was the 1st wife of (Major) Samuel EARLE, III from whom I descend through his marriage to his 2nd wife, Elizabeth HOLBROOK, aka HOLDBROOK, through their son, Samuel EARLE, IV, (RS.)

Not to be confused with a grandson named Samuel EARLE of (Major) Samuel EARLE, III and this grandson, Samuel EARLE, who was also born in 1760 as was my paternal 4th great grandfather, Samuel EARLE, IV, (RS/Sgt.,) born: January 20, 1760 at "Town Run" Plantation, Fauquier County, Virginia, died: 1845 in Mobile, Alabama, md: Tabitha WILLIAMS, born: 1766 in North Farnham Parish, Richmond County, Virginia, through their daughter, Kitty EARLE, born: Abt. 1795, md: December 1811 in Christian County, Kentucky, (later was Caldwell County,) who married Bailey JENNINGS, born: Abt. 1789 in Virginia, (probably Richmond County,) son of Rachel JORDAN and husband, John JENNINGS, Sr., (RS,) born: Abt. 1748 in Richmond County, Virginia, son of Sarah MOORE? and Edward Salley JENNINGS, Sr., born: 1720 in Richmond County, Virginia, (son of Ann KELLY, born: Abt. 1695 in Virginia, died: 1734/1735 in Richmond County, VA, (daughter of Amy DONIPHAN and (Captain) John KELLY, (son of Matthew KELLY and Penelope "Nelly" NORTON, (daughter of Patrick NORTON,) and Amy DONIPHAN was the daughter of (Captain) Alexander DONIPHAN, Sr. and his 1st wife, Amie PARTRIDGE,) and Amy DONIPHAN later married 2nd husband, Edward RANSDELL and her father, (Captain) Alexander DONIPHAN, Sr. later married 2nd wife, Margaret MOTT and 3rd wife, Susannah ?,) and Ann KELLY's husband, William JENNINGS, Jr., born: Abt. 1695 in Richmond County, Virginia, (son of Mary WILLOUGHBY and William JENNINGS, Sr., (son of Margaret PAYNE and John JENNINGS, Sr., immigrants.)))

My descent from Kitty EARLE and Bailey JENNINGS is thorugh my paternal 2nd great grandmother, Sarah "Sally" JENNINGS, born: 1821/22 in Covington County, MS, (one census says Alabama,) (2nd/3rd wife,) and her husband, Jeremiah "Jerry" PARKER, born: 1795 in Maryland, through their son, Spencer B. PARKER, born: 1859/one census says 1855 in Smith or Rankin Co., MS, who married as the 2nd/3rd husband of my paternal great grandmother, Rachael Moranda LEWIS, born: Abt. 1851 in Jones Co., MS, (daughter of Harriett ELLZEY and John LEWIS, (son of Nancy COPELAND and Howell LEWIS, born: Bet. 1782-1788 in Granville County, NC,) through their daughter, my paternal grandmother, Allie Artimissa PARKER, born: August 11, 1892 near Braxton, Simpson County, MS, who married my grandfather, James Martin "Jim" MYRICK, born: 1892 near Magee, Simpson County, MS.

Sincerely,

Bellinda Myrick - Barnett
EARLE-L@rootsweb.com List Administrator
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Bill Earle 4 Oct 2002 5:25PM GMT 
Susan Lail 5 Oct 2002 12:21PM GMT 
Catherine Earle Eoute 10 Dec 2002 2:22PM GMT 
Wilton 13 Dec 2002 8:44PM GMT 
Cathy Eoute 17 Dec 2002 2:05PM GMT 
Paul Kankula 12 Feb 2005 2:54PM GMT 
Catherine Earle Eoute 18 Feb 2005 10:22PM GMT 
Bellinda Myrick - Barnett 3 Jan 2003 5:35PM GMT