Search for content in message boards

Easter Family originally from Davidson Co. NC

Replies: 18

Easter Family originally from Davidson Co. NC

Daniel Michael Easter, Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 2000 5:05PM GMT
I am researching the entire Easter family from NC. I am a direct descendant of Michel Oster (as it was spelled upon Samuel Corbin's Militia list) it appears he had a brother named Peter Oster who originally settled in an area then known as Leepers Creek named after anothersettler who had the land rights across the creek. I have no furthur information on Peter. Michael Easter (as he now spelled it) married a Julianna _____? They had 8 children, Michael II born 1760, Peter, Elizabeth, Catherine, Rebecka, George, Henry, and John. Michael II married Barbara Essigs in the Old Pilgrim Meeting House near Lexington. They had 9 children. Michael III, Caty, David, John, Barbara, Peter, Elizabeth, Levi, and Henry. David Easter married Susannah Stockner and moved the family to Carroll Co., VA in 1827 or 1828. They had 11 children Daniel, David Jr., Katie, Michael, Levi, John, Peter, Elizabeth, Christian, and William. Christian married Purnetta Jane Hall and had 6 children after fighting in the Civil War. Their children were LaFayette M., William Sanders, Lola Louise, John Walter, Ella Belle, and Katie Mae. William Sanders married Emma Spraker and had 8 children all in Carrol Co. Their children are Kelley Easter, Beulah, Nettie, Sherman Otho, Berth Eulala, Izetta Evelyn, Leola, and Ward Christian. Sherman Otho was my grandfather and he married Sarah Crowder, they had 8 children and these are my aunts and uncles.
My main interest is the movement of these children of Michael I and II, where they went, who stayed? What ever became of Peter, did he have a family? What of their family before? Who were the Oster's? Diod they come from Germany, Austria, or Holland? There are alot of questions out there and by reading other posts the answers are oot there. Please do not hesitate to respond, I would love to hear from any, And I mean any, of you. I always wondered why my grandfather left home at the age of 14 after his father died. He is reported to have went to MO, perhaps this was not by chance, he may have known that he had family there from the posts a possibility that it was Henry Easter's family. I would love to know what happened to any of the Easter descendants. I have other info, perhaps I could help one of you. Thank-you all in advance.
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Daniel Michael Easter, Jr. 5 Oct 2000 11:05PM GMT 
carrolsundem 8 Oct 2000 12:18AM GMT 
DavidBunton44 19 Dec 2000 12:49AM GMT 
elcymoo 16 Feb 2001 3:00PM GMT 
PatHoneycutt3... 1 Jul 2001 9:52PM GMT 
just2kool 7 Jul 2001 2:20AM GMT 
PatHoneycutt3... 2 Jan 2004 12:51AM GMT 
PatHoneycutt3... 2 Jan 2004 1:13AM GMT 
dhorton512 15 Nov 2010 7:25PM GMT 
Tammy Easter 4 Jan 2002 7:08AM GMT 
per page