Search for content in message boards

Conrad Ebner, died 1838, Columbia County, Pennsylvania

Replies: 0

Conrad Ebner, died 1838, Columbia County, Pennsylvania

Posted: 1 Feb 2012 10:45AM GMT
Classification: Query
The more I research in regard to Conrad Ebner, the more convinced I am that he IS the Conrad Ebener who was baptized in 1770 at Mertz Church in Berks County, by Johannes and Anna Margaretha (Roehrig) Ebener/Ebner.

There is no doubt that his family believed his wife to be Catherine Wertman.

There is no doubt that he and Catherine baptized children at Ben Salem with both Ebner and Wertman family members as sponsors of various children there.

There is little doubt that the Margaret Ebner who sponsored his children, and also sponsored children of Conrad Rehrig, was his mother.

There is no doubt that Margaretha/Margaret sponsored children of both Conrad and Lorentz Ebner (who was also baptized at Mertz Church in 1762) before Conrad moved from the Ben Salem area to what is now Montour County, Pennsylvania, but was still part of Columbia County at the time of Conrad Ebner's death in 1838.

The reason I believe that this Margaretha Ebner was Conrad and Lorentz Ebner's mother is that she also sponsored children of Conrad Rehrig at Ben Salem. This likely indicates that she was Conrad Rehrig's aunt, but that matter is still one of conjecture, and is not yet established by documentation.

So, in short, I have very little reserve at all in regarding Conrad Ebner as the uncle of my 3G-Grandmother, Catharine (Ebner)((Bachert)) Rishel, who died in Columbia County in early 1830 or possibly late 1829.

Catharine was one of Lorentz Ebner's 6 daughters, and is named in his 1842 will from Northampton (Carbon hadn't been established as a county quite yet) County, Pennsylvania records.

Hope this helps!

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions