Search for content in message boards

Christian Eck of Chicago, IL

Replies: 4

Re: Christian Eck of Chicago, IL

Posted: 18 Sep 2012 6:01PM GMT
Classification: Query
thanks for your info. Julius P. Eck is buried in Whitehall, Michigan, It appears that there was some disparity (?) that developed in the family. Perhaps with the Mother (Christian's) taking some action (?) against Catholic Nuns at parochial school where Chrisitna attended which could have lead to serious trouble with the church. Seems that the Nuns were being cruelly abusive in administering discipline (corporal)for infractions in class, which mother disliked and interacted with the, regarding same.. Could have resulted in serious trouble with the church & perhaps broke up the family. We were not Catholics in my family. There's a "thread" of information that Jospehine & her mother went west(?) in the late 1800's, to Oregon (?). However, I recall that in the 1940's my father traveled to Billings, Montana on about two occasions. Josephine & mother may have wound up there. It seems that Julius Eck (Christian's father) "took up" with someone else (?) and he and this "other woman" are buried together in WHitehall, Michigan.
My father Christian J. Eck also had a brother: August Eck, that had a farm on the outskirts of Chicago, Ill. in the early 1900's. Understand as well, that he was a Streetcar Operator in the city.
I will contactyou at: ledonne@fuse.net. Thanks for info.!
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
d_lebo 5 Jun 2001 9:08PM GMT 
tghealy 30 Dec 2010 11:09PM GMT 
ninus1 27 Feb 2012 5:38PM GMT 
tledonne 21 Apr 2012 12:46AM GMT 
ninus1 19 Sep 2012 12:01AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic