Search for content in message boards

Eliza, Jenny, Eck

Replies: 1

Re: Eliza, Jenny, Eck

Posted: 24 Aug 2012 3:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Aug 2012 3:14PM GMT
Surnames: Elizabeth Jane Ross
My maiden name is Ross, born in Northern Ireland. My Ross ancestors are from Fermanagh, Corragole/Mullaghinshogagh. My grand uncle, David Ross (son of John Ross) married Anna Phoebe Foster in 1892. A daughter Elizabeth Jane Ross was born 1897 and I believe emigrated 1916 to Philadelphia. Both mother and father died by 1907 and the family split up between an older half brother (Ross) and William Foster an uncle?. the 1911 irish census has some living with William Foster and others listed as "Rose" not Ross and living with the older half brother. Other sisters Harriet and Anna Phoebe also emigrated to Philadelphia. I'm not sure if this is the same family as there were 2 David Ross families. the otherabout the same age as my David, one in Knockadoois and the other in Mullaghinshogagh. I believe they married sisters Sarah and Anna Phoebe Foster. Each family had daughters with almost identical names which confuses the issue.
Regina
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
s. g. 29 Jan 2004 8:35PM GMT 
ruairivelho 24 Aug 2012 9:12PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions