Search for content in message boards

Edges from Des Moines

Replies: 0

Edges from Des Moines

Posted: 28 Aug 2012 7:50PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Aug 2012 7:53PM GMT
Surnames: Edge
Can anyone out there help me? I'm completely stuck. I've learned that searching the Edge name is like searching Smith, not so fun. I'm trying to obtain information on William Edge, b. 4/30/1836 in England, d. 4/4/1910 in Des Moines, Iowa, he married 1st Mary Ann Brereton (b. 2/16/1840 England d. 1/26/1879 Des Moines, Iowa), m. 1/9/1862 in Wolstanton Registration District in Staffordshire, England, to whom all his children were born. Their children were Elizabeth, Hannah, Agnes, George, Raymond, Ellen, Katie and William. They came to America 5/17/1869 through the Port of New York.

William married 2nd Mary Ann Lott Morgan (b. abt 1832 d. ?), M. 5/31/1883 in Des Moines, Iowa.

I know from William's marriage and death certificate that his Father was John Edge and he was a labourer, but that's all I know.

Don't know if it is helpful, but William and Mary's Marriage certificate says they both lived on High Street, Kidsgrove, Staffordshire, England.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Jennie Clayton

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions