Search for content in message boards

Patrick Edgeworth, b 1835, Ireland

Replies: 3

Patrick Edgeworth, b 1835, Ireland

Posted: 14 Dec 2007 2:42PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Gierman, Edgeworth, Halloran
Harold Gierman, is a son of Isabella Edgeworth. She was born in 1913 in Illinois and was the daughter of Thomas Patrick Edgeworth [b 1876 in IL, probably Cook Co.] and his wife Elizabeth Halloran (? sp). The 1920 Federal Census for Cook County, Illinois, listed this family and six other issue: Francis, Caroline, Elizabeth, Catherine, Thomas, and Richard. Richard is yet living and is 90 years old but living in a nursing home.

The father of Thomas Patrick Edgeworth was Patrick Edgeworth [b 1835 in Ireland: see 1880 census for Chicago]. His occupation was that of a stonecutter. He m Sophronia (maiden surname unknown). The issue as given in the 1880 Federal Census for Cook County,IL, were: Anna, Mary, Richard, James, "Bessie," Thomas, and Catherine. The family believes, from oral history sources, that Patrick, b 1835, had the middle name of Thomas. This, however,has not been proven.

I cannot discover the father of Patrick Edgeworth, b 1835 in Ireland. Is anyone able to assist? Since census data is repleat with errors, I cannot be certain concerning his place of birth. The family is certain that their ancestors arrived in the USA at about the time of the potato famine in Ireland. Which Edgeworth ancestor emigrated is not confirmed.

I am unable to find the father of Patrick Edgeworth, b 1835. If you can assist, I would be indebted to you. Any potential clues for further investigation are invited.

I am not an Edgeworth descendant but am attempting to assist this family with their family history.

SubjectAuthorDate Posted
android 14 Dec 2007 9:42PM GMT 
ygiordano2 11 Jan 2008 2:56AM GMT 
android 14 Jan 2008 8:33PM GMT 
joerinky 24 Jan 2013 5:47PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions