Search for content in message boards

Thomas Edgeworth-Chicago-1850 Census

Replies: 4

Re: Thomas Edgeworth-Chicago-1850 Census

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 6:15AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello Again: The Thomas Patrick Edgeworth, born c 1876 was married to Elizabeth Halloran. Their issue were: Francis, Caroline, Elizabeth, Catherine, Isabella, Thomas, and Richard. I have not found a Michael Edgeworth as a child of Thomas and Elizabeth [Halloran] Edgeworth.

Isabella was the mother of my associate whom I am attempting to assist. He claims no memory of an uncle named Michael. He does, however, claim as did you, that the family lore suggested that this lineage was English and that they went to Ireland as overseers for the crown. I do not know whether this line I am investigating was part of any such arrangement. I do not place too much value upon family lore and only use it as information for further study and review.

Thomas Patrick Edgeworth, born about 1876, was a son of Patrick Edgeworth and Bridget [maiden surname unknown]. Patrick was born c 1835 in Ireland according to census data. He died in 1912. He was a stonecutter and lived in Cook County,IL. He emigrated to the USA in 1845 on the ship Yorkshire out of Liverpool. The Yorkshire docked in New York on July 30, 1845. Another passenger on the Yorkshire was a Thomas Edgeworth believed to have been a brother of the Patrick mentioned above.

The father of Patrick Edgeworth[1835-1912] appears according to census data to have been Thomas Edgeworth [see the 1850 federal census, Cook Co.,IL]. He was born c 1800 in Ireland. According to the ages and places of birth of his children, it appeared that this Thomas Edgeworth came to the USA about 1844.

Hope this helps.

Francis
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
android 12 Jan 2008 1:32PM GMT 
ygiordano2 15 Jan 2008 1:42AM GMT 
android 15 Jan 2008 1:15PM GMT 
android 16 Jan 2008 1:17PM GMT 
ygiordano2 1 Mar 2008 2:45AM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic