Search for content in message boards

Edgeworth

Replies: 0

Edgeworth

Posted: 15 Nov 2012 5:03PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Edgeworth

I am looking for any information about John D Edgeworth, born in Cavan Ireland around 1873, or Katie Cramer born about 1876, not sure where. I believe they both lived in New Jersey between the years of 1896-1897. What we have been able to find is my Grandmothers father is John D Edgeworth and her mother is Katie Cramer.

My grandmother’s given name was Katie Edgeworth, she was born in New Jersey/New York on July 29, 1897. She was brought to an orphanage on August 13, 1897. Her mother told the orphanage that she could no longer take care of her and asked the sisters at the orphanage to care for her. She was placed on the Orphan Train and ended up in Richmond MN, where she was fostered by a great family.

The research completed has led us to believe that the John D Edgeworth I am looking for his parents were John and Eliza Edgeworth, who immigrated to the United States from Ireland. From what I can find it looks like John D Edgeworht may have moved back to Ireland and was married to Mary Eleanor Scales Dec 18, 1901? Not 100% sure on this last piece.

My grandmother tried for years to discover anything about her parents, with no luck. I am trying to help my mother get any information to help her fill a huge gap in our family tree.

Any information anyone would be willing to share about John Edgeworth or Katie Cramer, we would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely,

Gale

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions