Search for content in message boards

Edwards Heirs

Replies: 7

Re: Edwards Heirs

Posted: 22 Apr 2010 5:22PM GMT
Classification: Query
I think if you do a google search on "Edwards Heirs"...a lot will come up.

I have a listing of the supposed descendant's of the Robert Edwards...but I find errors and ommissions in all of them. I decided to put a few on ancestry & let their tracking program sort them out..but they are finding what others have entered, and sometimes the mother is 30 years younger than the child...not very helpful.

I also have a hand written copy of the information found in President Edwards bible..
it Starts:

Jonathan Edwards, son of Timothy and Esther Edwards of Windsor in Connecticut.

I was born Oct 5th 1703.
....etc...goes for three pages.
The copies are a total of 17 hand written pages. Source is given for each.

I also have the Edwards section from FIRST SETTLERS OF HARTFORD, CONN.
This documentation says William Edwards of Hartford, CT and one of th efirst settlersof that town, was married to Agnes Spencer, widow of Wm Spencer, who also was one of the first settlers of Hartford, CT, abt 1645.
Wm Edwards died before 1672 (source given)
Agnes Edwards, alias Spencer died ____.
They had only ONE child:
Richard Edwards b May 1647 (some say May 1st, have not found proof).
This excerpt ends with Mary Edwards who married George Goodwin 2 Dec 1779. She died in 1828.

I don't send copies of these if I can help it, as there are so many differences in all of them.

Lawyers way back tried to document and place any Edwards willing to pay into the lines, to see if they could get money via the Trinity Church land dispute. The statute of limitations had run out, and no clear picture of Heirs of Robert Edwards could be verified...if anything, these early lawyers mixed things up so much, no one would have ever been able to claim relationship to Robert Edwards.

Again, search this list & contact (Debbi and Tammy, I think) the persons who were trying to persue this a couple of years ago. I think they ended up not being able to sort it all out, even with help of professionals.

Marge
SubjectAuthorDate Posted
Fredad 21 Apr 2010 3:29PM GMT 
berthaok 22 Apr 2010 4:36AM GMT 
Fredad 22 Apr 2010 1:13PM GMT 
gloria1214 7 May 2010 6:11PM GMT 
berthaok 9 May 2010 4:09PM GMT 
LeonK93 22 Apr 2010 9:03PM GMT 
margecam170 22 Apr 2010 11:01PM GMT 
margecam170 22 Apr 2010 11:22PM GMT 
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions